We are in Delhi!!! One more day until we see Sajel!!!!!
So, our trip wasn't too bad but there where some things that could have made it a little easier. By the way, we are pretty regular travelers so it's now like we don't know what to expect. We arrive at TPA at 430am and there is a line from one counter clear across to the OTHER side of the terminal and starting to curve back around. Oh, buy the way, it was a 6am flight and no one was even there to work yet! So......after a little wait.....we get to the counter and a very freindly man checked us in but informed us that our bags would only be booked to Dubai and NOT Delhi. Well that was a little wierd but we said ok and went to the gate. I guess, just like when you fly into Miami from another country, you have to pick up your baggage and clear customs. So we were ok with that.
We get to JFK and there are NO signs at all giving you directions on where to go or how to get there. When you asked information they were not clear and we kept walking around in a circle! THEN, we find out how to get where we need to go and after a couple of train rides we get there but we supposedly need new boarding passes.(did I mention we have to leave the terminal, go to another one and go through security again for a transfer). JFK airport sucks! Then we met the most rude and crazy man at the Emrites counter to get new boarding passes to replase the ones we already had. He informs us that our carryons are overweight and too big and we need to check them. THESE ARE JUST BACKPACKS!!! Anyway, the jerk let us go but THEN stopped us at the gate and made us check one there.
Well we get on the flight finally, and it was a very nice flight. Seats were very nice and spacious, stewardesses where friendly, and I enjoyed the 3 meals we got. Both Jessica and I watched 3 movies each and I spent a little time(3-4 hours) with some angry birds! For a 13 hour flight it was not bad at all. And Jessica did very well on that long flight.
So we fly though immigration after we found the form, and breeze through customs then spend over an hour getting a sim card for my phone. Oh well, nothing you can do. The guy was just not working fast at all.
Well, i can't really see straight as the last time I slept was sun night. I will chat with you more later.
Marcsu
So, our trip wasn't too bad but there where some things that could have made it a little easier. By the way, we are pretty regular travelers so it's now like we don't know what to expect. We arrive at TPA at 430am and there is a line from one counter clear across to the OTHER side of the terminal and starting to curve back around. Oh, buy the way, it was a 6am flight and no one was even there to work yet! So......after a little wait.....we get to the counter and a very freindly man checked us in but informed us that our bags would only be booked to Dubai and NOT Delhi. Well that was a little wierd but we said ok and went to the gate. I guess, just like when you fly into Miami from another country, you have to pick up your baggage and clear customs. So we were ok with that.
We get to JFK and there are NO signs at all giving you directions on where to go or how to get there. When you asked information they were not clear and we kept walking around in a circle! THEN, we find out how to get where we need to go and after a couple of train rides we get there but we supposedly need new boarding passes.(did I mention we have to leave the terminal, go to another one and go through security again for a transfer). JFK airport sucks! Then we met the most rude and crazy man at the Emrites counter to get new boarding passes to replase the ones we already had. He informs us that our carryons are overweight and too big and we need to check them. THESE ARE JUST BACKPACKS!!! Anyway, the jerk let us go but THEN stopped us at the gate and made us check one there.
Well we get on the flight finally, and it was a very nice flight. Seats were very nice and spacious, stewardesses where friendly, and I enjoyed the 3 meals we got. Both Jessica and I watched 3 movies each and I spent a little time(3-4 hours) with some angry birds! For a 13 hour flight it was not bad at all. And Jessica did very well on that long flight.
So we fly though immigration after we found the form, and breeze through customs then spend over an hour getting a sim card for my phone. Oh well, nothing you can do. The guy was just not working fast at all.
Well, i can't really see straight as the last time I slept was sun night. I will chat with you more later.
Marcsu
You're great, Daddy Dass! Enjoy your well deserved rest... and thank you soooo much for keeping us updated! Now I can sleep, too :) ...Grandma Sally
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy/excited you two made it there safely! And the snags don't seem that bad for an international flight. Hope you are having a blast with baby Dass (aka the luckiest girl ever) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteP.S. We knew you were a tired Daddy when you spelled your name wrong LOL Enjoy your new family!
ReplyDelete